Tiled roofs require regular maintenance. We recommend having your roof inspected every 12 months to ensure the following:
- ridge capping mortar is not cracked or deteriorated
- there are no broken tiles
- valleys and gutters are free of leaf litter and debris
We recently attended a home in Benowa to carry out some tile repair works, as in recent storm activity the roof had been leaking, causing significant internal ceiling damage. We undertook the following works:
- replacing 6x broken Monier 100 patterned tiles
- reinstalling a poorly installed whirlybird
- disconnecting the tile clips in the affected area, to also prevent them from leaking
- removing poorly installed Valley seal and installing new
- repointed all ridge capping as the existing mortar had deteriorated
You can see some of our progress and works below:
You can see on this roof, that the tiles had been previously painted and it is peeling away. This can be a cause of a roof leak - peeling paint. The paint can flake and cause water to trace into the roof cavity, by blocking valleys, gutters and more. We ha also recommended to this owner to have the roof high pressure cleaned to avoid this issue.
If you need some tile roofing advice, contact us today we would be more than happy to provide our qualified opinion.