We had a call from a customer at Tweed Heads who had a routine leaking roof. Each time it rained, water would be guaranteed to leak in. There was two reasons why this was occurring:
1. There was no sarking in the roof
2. The tile clips used to secure the tiles were an older style Monier tile clip that are notorious for leaking and causing this issue.
This is how we rectified the issue:
- Removed all roof tiles and roof clips approx. 80m2
- Removed all timber battens
- Supplied and installed heavy duty sarking
- Reinstalled original battens
- Reinstalled original roof tiles and new tile clips
- Rebed all ridge capping 12.3Lm
- Repointed all ridge capping with flexible pointing
- Water tested to ensure no further water leaks
installing heavy duty roof sarking to the roof cavity is great for added protection from the elements and reducing moisture in the roof cavity. It was a great result and we were happy to resolve this issue for the customer. They can now finally fix up the internal damage the water damage has caused over the years - replastering and painting their ceilings.