Last week we undertook a complete tile roof restoration, installed whirly birds and replaced guttering and downpipes to a home in Burleigh Waters on the Gold Coast, QLD.
The home owners wanted to update the look of their home and paint their roof in a contrasting colour to the brick. They decided to go a mid shad of grey, from Shieldcoat's roofing membrane range called 'Slate Grey'. They also wanted to improve the ventilation to their home, so we installed two whirly birds at the highest point in the roof to increase airflow and reduce moisture. The guttering and downpipes to the home were aged and had holes and rust appearing, so we replaced them with Metroll's Big M Gutter in the Colorbond colour 'Monument'.
The process of the roof restoration and gutter replacement was:
- Change broken roof tiles
- High pressure clean the entire roof area
- Repoint all ridge caps with flexible pointing mortar
- Install 2x whirly birds at the highest point of the roof to assist with ventilation
- Apply one coat of roofing primer
- Apply two coats of roofing membrane
- Paint the fascia to colour match the roof
- Remove the existing guttering and downpipes
- Replace the guttering and downpipes
We were thrilled with the results of the roof and thought the colour really achieved the contrast the owners were looking for.