We have had a busy few weeks, working on some roof replacements in the Gold Coast area. We have just completed a job at Currumbin Valley where the roof was storm damaged and needed to be replaced. It was a large roof, approximately 400m2 and also required new skylights, battens and some sections of polycarbonate sheeting.
We undertook the following works on this roof:
- Gold Coast Energy removed the existing solar panels on the roof and reinstated them once the roof
- Removed existing roof sheets and replaced them with Metroll's .48 Trimclad in Colorbond's 'Loft' colour, which is a lovely deep brown colour. We used .48 roof sheets, as they are thicker and more durable and the standard .42 sheets, giving you a longer lifespan from your roof.
- Installed new hardwood timber battens to relay the roof on
- Removed and replaced two skylights to allow for natural light to filter in the home, adding not only light but warmth in the house
- Removed all flashings and cappings associated with the roof and installed new ones to colourmatch the 'Loft' roof sheets
- Removed the existing polycarbonate sheets and replaced them with Metroll's Trimclad translucent sheets, to let more light and warmth into the house
The view from the house was just beautiful, overlooking the Currumbin Valley with kangaroos and wildlife frequenting the surrounding gardens. It wasn't a hard view to look at all day, that's for sure!