Last week we completed this roof replacement in Colorbond® 'Heritage Red'. The roof was hail dented from the November 2015 hail storm that hit Ipswich areas and this roof was replaced under insurance. A skylight had been completely shattered by the hails impact and it was important that these works were undertaken to ensure the roof was structural and watertight.
Here are some photos of the hail dented roof and the BEFORE.
Here are some photos of the AFTER - a newly installed heritage red roof to the house and freestanding garage. Looks great doesn't it?
Colorbond® has become a popular option when re-roofing homes. The key benefits for installing it is the materials durability, anti-corrosion properties and its 25+year warranty.
What are your colour options?
Unsure which colour to choose? Here are some things to think about when choosing your roof colour.
To see a portfolio of our works and the range of colours we have installed, click here.
If you have any questions or would like a no obligation free quote you can contact us on 07 5598 6037 or email us here.
This week we completed a 350m2 roof replacement in Brisbane's inner city suburb, Ascot. The roof has badly hail dented from the November 2014 hail storm and therefore needed to be replaced.
The roof was replaced with Zincalume roof sheeting to match the existing roof. Zincalume sheeting is hardy and durable and is manufactured by Bluescope Steel, the same manufacturers of Colorbond roofing. You can read more about Zincalume sheeting here.
As part of the roof replacement process, new skylights were installed and also gutter guard to all gutter perimeters. Here is the jobs progress-
We recently replaced a house roof with Colorbond's 'Monument' corrugated roof sheeting. The roof had been hail damaged and hail dents were obvious on the roof sheets. You can read about the effects of hail on Colorbond roofing here.
As part of the roof replacement works, we:
- Setup safety scaffolding to ensure WHS practices were followed
- Removed all roof sheets, flashings and cappings
- Installed new roof sheets, flashings, cappings, screws, dektites and fixings
- New anticon sarking was installed which acts as a barrier in your roof cavity for moisture and acts like insulation
- New skylights were also installed
- two whirly birds were installed to assist with ventilation
If you wanted to read more about the use of Colorbond and Zincalume as a roofing product, click here. You can read about the benefits and the products advantages here. If you have been thinking about replacing your roof, or even a shed roof or extension why not contact us for a free no obligation quote? We would be happy to assist you in advising the best roofing product as well as colour for your project.
Repair work to stop water entry into roof cavity
This home had water entering the roof cavity from the valley. The issue was that water was backflowing into the roof cavity as the existing valley seal and sarking was channelling the water into the roof cavity, instead of out.
The following works were undertaken:
- Removed all valley tiles
- Removed all valley seal
- Trimmed back sarking from valley
- Lifted all joins in valley iron and resealed to obtain a secure seal so no water can backflow into the roof cavity
- Supplied and installed new valley seal to valley iron, doubling up where roof changes pitch
- Reinstated all valley tiles and valley tile clips
- Reinstated and reclippped tiles around skylights
If you are experiencing roof leaks - whether it be tile or metal, contact us today we can provide you with a free roof inspection and quote
We have had a busy few weeks, working on some roof replacements in the Gold Coast area. We have just completed a job at Currumbin Valley where the roof was storm damaged and needed to be replaced. It was a large roof, approximately 400m2 and also required new skylights, battens and some sections of polycarbonate sheeting.
We undertook the following works on this roof:
- Gold Coast Energy removed the existing solar panels on the roof and reinstated them once the roof
- Removed existing roof sheets and replaced them with Metroll's .48 Trimclad in Colorbond's 'Loft' colour, which is a lovely deep brown colour. We used .48 roof sheets, as they are thicker and more durable and the standard .42 sheets, giving you a longer lifespan from your roof.
- Installed new hardwood timber battens to relay the roof on
- Removed and replaced two skylights to allow for natural light to filter in the home, adding not only light but warmth in the house
- Removed all flashings and cappings associated with the roof and installed new ones to colourmatch the 'Loft' roof sheets
- Removed the existing polycarbonate sheets and replaced them with Metroll's Trimclad translucent sheets, to let more light and warmth into the house
The view from the house was just beautiful, overlooking the Currumbin Valley with kangaroos and wildlife frequenting the surrounding gardens. It wasn't a hard view to look at all day, that's for sure!
Today we installed two new skylights to a home's roof that had been badly damaged by recent storm activity. The skylights were cracked and we installed complete new skylight to stop the water leaks that were occurring as a result of the damage.
If you are thinking about adding more natural light to your home, a skylight is a great option. Skylights can be installed to both metal and tile roofs and there are many shape alternatives such as domed, pyramidal, square, round, hexagonal and triangular. The skylights are available in clear, tint or opal hi impact acrylic or polycarbonate. They can be custom made to suit your needs, colour preference and size! If you are interested in discussing skylight options for your home, contact us today, we would be more than happy to provide you with some advice.