Rencent roof repairs were carried out at this property in Murwillumbah house due various roof leaks through the home. The cause of the roof leaks were from two issues.
1. Due to cracked bedding and pointing and leaking tile clips.
Roofs repairs carried out:
Removd and replace 20x broken roof tiles
Removed and replaced all leaking tile clips with new moniar tile clips
Re-bedded and Re-pointed all ridge capping
Inserted weep holes into ridge capping
2. The guttering on the home was at the end of its lifespan and leaking.
We supplied and installed new Colorbond guttering to the entire roof line to fix the leaks and issues. We also installed Leaf Free gutter guard to stop any leaf litter getting into the gutters and blocking them.
At the jobs completion we discovered a 3m python had decided to reside in our trailer, so that was a surprise when unloading it at the end of the job! It always unique working on rural properties, we have had goannas, alpacas and many snakes surprising us before!
replacing a hail damaged metal roof
Last week we completed a full roof replacement at a beautiful property in the Gold Coast Hinterland - it was located at Guanaba. This roof had been badly hail damaged in the November 2013 hail storm that hit the Gold Coast and the Hinterland areas. The roof and gutter guard had hail dents and had taken the roofs coating off in some areas.
Here are the before photos of the hails damage to the roof.
As part of the roof replacement works, we carried out the following:
- Setup safety scaffolding to ensure WHS practices were followed
- Removed all roof sheets, flashings, cappings and gutter guard
- Installed new roof sheets, flashings, cappings, gutter guard, screws and fixings
Here are the progress and after photos of the roof replacement works.
Replacing a hail damaged roof in byron bay
Last week we replaced a hail damaged roof in Byron Bay, Northern NSW. The roof had hail dents to the roof sheets and ridge capping over the entire roof, as well as damage to the gutter guard. Luckily the owner had a current insurance policy and was able to claim the damage under their policy, therefore costing them only their excess fee. If you suspect that your metal roof has been hail damaged it is recommended to have it inspected, as the hails impact can cause rusting and further damage to the roof sheets. You can read more about hail damage and the effects on your roof here.
On this roof, we replaced all the roof sheets with Colorbond corrugated sheets, flashings and fixtures in the colour 'Surfmist' (white). We also then installed Leaf Free Gutter Guard to stop any leaves and debris getting into the gutters and downpipes.
If you think you may have hail damage to your roof and would like a roof inspection and are located from Byron Bay to the Gold Coast, contact us today on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 5598 6037
colour matched gutter guard and black roof restoration
We recently completed some major roof repair and restoration works at Mudgeeraba on the Gold Coast. The roof issues that the customer had were:
- Holes in the sarking, causing roof leaks in those areas
- They wanted to change the roof colour to black
- They wanted to install gutter guard leaf shield to stop any leaf litter clogging their gutters and valleys
Here is the work we undertook to rectify the issues:
Replaced all damaged sections of sarking
- Removed all roof tiles above the affected areas
- Disconnected all original tile clips over these areas
- Removed roof battens above these areas
- Cut out and replaced damaged sarking with new heavy duty sarking, taped all joins
- Relaid timber battens and replaced found rotten ones
- Relaid roof tiles and supplied and installed new tile clips
Tile Roof Restoration
- Replaced broken tiles
- High pressure cleaned entire roof area
- Rebed ridge caps where needed
- Repointed all ridge caps using flexible pointing mortar
- Applied one coat of Shieldcoat primer using an airless spray gun
- Applied two coats of Shieldcoat roofing membrane using an airless spray gun
Painted all gutter and fascia using Shieldcoat paint
Installation of Gutter Guard
- Supplied and installed gutter guard to entire gutter area and valleys, approx 120Lm using Leaf Shield Gutter Protection.