This home at Bundall is at a point where it is 15+ years and required roof maintenance. There were a few issues that were causing a roof leaks and therefore we carried out the following roof repairs on this property to rectify it:
- Removed mortar and valley tiles from the valley iron, as they were causing water to backflow into the roof cavity under the tiles
- Removed all valley tiles and replaced 2 x valley irons over affected area. The existing valley irons were rusted and would have been letting water into the roof cavity
- Supplied and installed valley seal to 2 x valley irons, to stop any water being able to enter the roof cavity in heavy rain. It acts as another deterrant.
- Removed and replaced 12 x broken tiles that were cracked across the roof. These can cause water to enter the roof cavity, even if it is only a chipped tile or a small hairline fracture.
- Repointed approx 20Lm of ridge capping, as the existing mortar was cracked and crumbling in some areas.
- Removed tile clips above an affected area, where the existing clips were leaking
- Drilled weep holes into mortar of ridge capping, this allows moisture to exit the roof cavity
The photos below show the works undertaken and the jobs progress.
If you have a leaking tile roof, are unsure of the cause or think it might be roof related contact us today. We offer a no obligation free quote from Byron Bay to the Northern Gold Coast. Either phone us on 07 5598 6037 or fill out our quote request form